It's here! It's finally here!
Yes, true believers, while we're still one week away from Marvel's Black Panther hitting theaters, we now have the official soundtrack at our fingertips and in our hearts. Executive produced and overseen by Kendrick Lamar, the Black Panther soundtrack - or Black Panther The Album Music From And Inspired By if you're nasty - offers the most tremendous line-up of hip-hop talent this side of Wakanda.
In addition to five new Kendrick Lamar tracks, we're given some excellent all-new collaborations between Schoolboy Q, 2 Chainz and Saudi on "X," Khalid and Rae Sremmurd's Swae Lee on "The Ways," and Ab-Soul, Anderson .Paak and James Blake on "Bloody Waters." We're even getting new Vince Staples on the Yugen Blakrok-assisted "Opps."
While we've only gotten the "All the Stars" video so far, with a soundtrack this potent one has to imagine there will be more clips on the way. Stay tuned to Go 95.3 all weekend to hear about how you can win a download of the soundtrack as well as tickets to Black Panther's opening night!
- Today hip-hop mourns the unexpected passing of pioneer Lovebug Starski, who you may recall was shouted out in Biggie's "Juicy" and Kid Rock's "Bawitdaba."
- Surprise! Here's a brand new EP from 2 Chainz, with the amazing title The Play Don't Care Who Makes It.
- In an empowering new interview, Cardi B makes it quite clear why she considers herself a feminist.
- Nipsey Hu$$le has revealed the tracklist for Victory Lap.
- Start your weekend with some Doomtree goodness with a brand new Dessa track, "5 Out of 6."
Like reading the List? You can hear it too. Listen to Go 95.3 every weekday at 10:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.