It’s that time of year again. The state hockey tournament is right around the corner and in advance of the hockey drama, the Minnesota Minute Men announced Thursday the ten finalists for the 33rd annual Mr. Hockey Award.
- Matt Anderson – Holy Family Catholic
- Noah Cates – Stillwater
- Nick Leivermann – Eden Prairie
- Ben Meyers – Delano
- Micah Miller – Grand Rapids
- Casey Mittelstadt – Eden Prairie
- Bauer Neudecker – St. Louis Park
- Nick Perbix – Elk River
- Dylan Samberg – Hermantown
- Ryan Sandelin – Hermantown
Goalies Jake Begley of Hill-Murray and Cade McEwen of Hermantown are up for the Frank Brimsek Award, given to the state’s best senior goalie.
Delano’s Meyers, a University of Maine recruit, is second in the state with 42 goals and first with 51 assists, giving him a robust 93 points this season, according to MNHockeyHub.
Neudecker is fourth in the state with 38 goals and Cates is second in the state in assists.
Mittelstadt, a future Gopher, is the best player for the No. 1-ranked Eden Prairie Eagles.